Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Clean Eating: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies

So hubby is doing a weight loss challenge at our local gym and we have been planning our meals in advance for the week. His weigh-in is right around the corner and it is time for him to lay down the hammer.

Which means that I get "grounded" from all things sweet.

Then I realized that I had not planned for us to eat anything out of our magazi
ne for this week and I secretly went searching for something quick and easy to make. And I found these cookies.

In the mag they are actually almond butter dark chocolate chip cookies but my grocery store didn't have almond butter (the stock guy at first thought I was talking about real butter..... don't know how good that w
ould taste) and hubby can't stand dark chocolate. I did find some milk chocolate with 45% cocoa and to me that was good enough.

They turned out really well and were so easy to make! These might even be my Chistmas exchange cookies for this year! Here's what they looked like.



And here is the recipe


Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
3/4 Sucanat
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz of dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces

Instructions:
Step one: Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.

Step two:Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.

Calories: 110 Total Fat: 8g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g


I am going to try this recipe again but use all the right ingredients next time

1 comment: