Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Can't wait to try my hand at these....

This year I have been trying to find really great cake recipes to try my hand at and then to tweak and make them my own. I have found 3 cakes so far that I can't wait to make.

This one has been bumped to the top of my list. A chocolate covered cherry cake!!!! I mean how delicious is this cake!!!! We probably wouldn't even want know the calorie count in this one, but who cares?!? It looks like heaven to me! This cake was created by Amanda over at i am baker. Which is quickly becoming one of my new favorite confection blogs. She made 2 white cakes, topped them with chocolate cherry cordials and then covered those cherries in buttercream frosting. YUMMM!!!!! Added another cake, poured hot fudge ov
er the whole thing and then covered it in oreo crumbs. I am tempted to get out of my chair and go buy the ingredients right now!


i am baker


And now that Spring is around the corner, I am getting in the mood for all things warm. Which means LEMON!!!! I have been looking for a great lemon cake and then I came across this one today. This one was made by Rosie at Sweetapolita. Who not only makes gorgeous cakes, but cute, fun cookies as well.


Sweetapolita

Lemon cakes with blueberries, lemon curd and a lemon frosting! I can't wait to welcome spring and summer with this cake!

Every heard of a vertical cake? I know, me neither. Not until I saw this elegant rose veritcal cake from Amanda at i am baker. Did I mention that I really love her stuff?


i am baker


i am baker

I started to make the vertical layer cake but, it was at midnight and so I missed some very important steps. But I will try it again soon; after I make the others.

Be on the lookout for my version of these yummy cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment