Thursday, November 18, 2010

7 days of thankfulness

The thing I love about Thanksgiving is that it gives us a moment to sit down and really think about what we are thankful for. Though, I should probably think on these things more than just once a year. I have a lot to be thankful for and while I know that I thank God constantly for things; I don't know if I can really say that I meditate on what I am so grateful for.

Which leads me to today's post. I am so thankful for the country that I live in. A place where I can walk free, vote, have opinions and opportunities that most people in this world do not have. Recently I have been in studies where we are reminded of how wealthy we are as a country. Did you know that most of the world's population only lives on $4.00 a day?!?!? And that as Americans we live on at least $105.00 a day?!? What a HUGE difference! How lucky are we!!! And I know I am constantly thinking about how much we are struggling financially as a family. But when I look at all that I have, all that I am given and all that I have access to; I don't seem to be struggling as much.

And a part of what makes this country so great is the sacrifices that our men and women make every day for us. Thank you military, police and firefighters for all that you do and give up! And thank you to their families for your sacrifice too!!!!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment